Spring is in the air, FINALLY! After a long winter in some areas of the country, spring is being welcomed with open arms. With spring comes the urge to rid the house of old, unused items and bring in some of that nice, fresh spring air. While spring cleaning the house, don’t forget to spring clean your kitchen as well. Here are some tips to help you get your house right where you want it:
Spring Cleaning Checklist
- Make a list of what needs to get done. This list should include rooms that you want to clean, areas of the yard that need to be cleaned, and anything else you think should be included. Even if you think the task is miniscule, write it down anyway! You’ll be happy you did.
- Delegate what you can to other family members. This will help take some of the stress off of you and it gets everyone involved. Even if there are young children, get them involved. They can help when it comes to cleaning up the yard, cleaning their room or other areas of the house.
- Tackle one item at a time. If you take on too many things at once, you may become stressed & frustrated, resulting in nothing getting done at all. Schedule days for when things will be done. For example, on Saturday you and your family members will work on spring cleaning the back yard and then next Saturday, you can tackle storage.
Spring Cleaning Food Tips
- When spring cleaning your kitchen, look for food that has expired and throw it out. If a food item is getting close to expiring, put it towards the front of your cupboards or fridge, so you make sure it is used first. Dried spices should be replaced every 6 months so schedule those replacements during spring cleaning time, then again during the fall when you start to add more fall & winter flavors to your meals.
- Get rid of unused items. There are always things that we hold onto for far too long and never use them. If you haven’t used it during the last year, are you really going to use it? If not, have a garage sale or take it to goodwill. If you think you are going to use it during the next year, make a note of it. If you still haven’t used it by next spring, get rid of it!
Spring Cleaning not only helps clean up your life, but it will help you stay focused. If you get rid of food that you don’t want to eat it avoids the temptation. It is important to do a little spring cleaning before starting a diet like Raspberry Ketones to ensure you stick to weight loss.