Why Should You Detox?
In a world full of pesticides, heavy metals, pollutants, and more, doing a detox can be one of the best things we can do for our bodies. There are so many different detox programs and cleanses out there, how do you know which ones are best for you?
Typically, you can do a detox by just eating whole, natural foods, which are also in season, that contain a lot of naturally detoxifying foods. Do your research to see what detox and cleanse would work best for you, but here is a great list of naturally detoxifying foods:
Good Detox Food Choices
- Purple & Red Grapes are full of antioxidants, they protect against heart disease and breast cancer, and help with blood sugar regulation
- Leafy Green Vegetables help detox the liver naturally and they contain natural chlorophyll that help flush out heavy metals and pesticides.
- Cinnamon helps boost the metabolism and it’s a natural digestive aid
- Apples help reduce cholesterol, are high in fiber, help detox the liver naturally, and boost your immune system.
- Cayenne is a spice that is anti-fungal, a natural digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, aids in detox, anti-bacterial, protects against cancer, and is a natural fat burner.
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C, help alkalize the body, and are also a natural diuretic! Try having a warm glass of lemon water every morning to help get your morning started right! By having a cup of warm lemon water, you will boost your immune system, allow for better absorption of nutrients in your body, and aid in weight loss.
- Cauliflower is an anti-inflammatory vegetable and also aids the body’s natural detox system.
Finding a Detox that Works
When finding a detox or cleanse that works for you, focus on one that will get you on the right foot from the start. Sometimes fasting or going on a liquid cleanse may not be a feasible way to detox, but a diet rich in whole, natural foods will get you going on a diet that is both healthy & sustainable! It is important to try and detox before starting Acai Berry or African Mango diets too.