Easy Fall Exercises To Keep The Pounds Off
Cold weather is quickly approaching and sometimes this means that we stop exercising and go into hibernation mode. It’s too cold and we don’t have the motivation to get moving because staying in a warm house is much more appealing. Don’t’ use these excuses though. Once you are done exercising for the day you will be so happy that you did it and that it is over with! Here are some great ways to get out and enjoy some fall exercises when the weather is cold.
Fall Exercises Can Be Fun Just Stay Motivated
- Join a local gym or a recreation center. Gym memberships do not need to be expensive. Recreation centers offer a wide variety of benefits for a small price. They typically offer a gym, racquetball courts, indoor swimming pools, and more. Take advantage of this great community offering and enjoy fall exercises!
- Get a workout buddy. Use this buddy to hold you accountable and keep you motivated. Nobody likes canceling on a friend, especially if that friend is using you to hold him or her accountable as well. Figure out the days and times that work best for you to meet up and stick to it.
- Try something new that you may not have tried when the weather was warm. This can include going to a nearby yoga or Pilates studio. A lot of times they have a wide variety of classes and times to fit any schedule. Use this as a form of cross training as well to help work muscles that you may not have known you have.
- Embrace the weather. Yes, it sounds crazy but there are a lot of activities that can be done in the cold weather when it’s raining or snowing.
Consider These Fun Fall Exercises
- If you live close to a ski resort, take advantage. Most resorts will have local pricing for residents on day passes and season long passes. If you plan on going more than a few times, a pass may be the way to go.
- Try cross-country skiing. This can be done in the snow and will help work those legs, arms, and core. Also a great exercise if you are wanting to cross-train.
- Snowshoeing can also be done when there is a lot of snow outside. Remember, no more excuses!
- Just because there is snow on the ground or it’s raining, doesn’t mean you can’t take advantage of walking or running in your area. Just make sure you are properly dressed and have the proper footwear to avoid falling.
- Have a snowball fight! Invite friends and family over for a huge snowball fight followed up by some warm beverages and food afterwards.
Of all these easy and fun fall exercises listed which ones do you enjoy the most? What tips do you have to share that keep you motivated during the cold weather?