With over a year of research involved in a weight loss plan that requires ZERO additional exercise it’s easy to see why Dr. Oz’s 2 week weight loss plan is so popular. This weight loss plan designed by Dr. Oz himself along with a team of health care professionals has shown an average weight loss of 9 pounds per person in only a 2 week timeframe! This amazing weight loss plan will also help decrease possible disease and sickness such as diabetes, food sensitivities and chronic pain. This weight loss formula has been proven by Dr. Oz’s staff and audience to eliminate those unwanted pounds quickly! This weight loss plan was also designed to be sustainable for as long as you want to take advantage of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Oz’s 2 week weight loss plan is designed to keep the pounds off after you lose them. This plan is not one of those fad diets that seem to immediately bring the pounds back right after you reach your goal. This plan is designed to change your eating habits and educate you to make healthy decisions when it comes to what you are putting into your body for the rest of your life.
The Main Goals Of Dr. Oz’s 2 Week Weight Loss Plan
Dr. Oz’s 2 week weight loss plan aims to educate you into making healthy eating decisions and to point out what certain foods you thought were ok are actually doing to your body. Education in a healthy lifestyle makes shedding the pounds easy, giving you the satisfaction of knowing what you are accomplishing and why. Of course the purpose of this weight loss plan is to do exactly that, lose weight, however the primary goal is to keep the pounds off and institute a new healthy lifestyle that you will benefit you for the rest of your life. Dr. Oz’s 2 week weight loss plan aims to show you that foods you may be eating regularly are actually harming you in the long run causing you to gain weight. These everyday foods may be making you sick and causing you to gain unwanted, unhealthy weight. This plan introduces unlimited quantities of low GI (glycemic index) foods that actually burn the fat fast! It is vital that Probiotics and a Multivitamin are introduced to speed up weight loss as well.
A Detailed Breakdown Of Dr. Oz’s 2 Week Rapid Weight Loss Plan
1. Eliminate Wheat
- Participants noticed almost immediate clarity stating that cloudiness disappeared and alertness was a huge benefit.
- Wheat actually makes you crave more food causing you to feel unsatisfied and eventually this relates to consistent weight gain.
- Some of us are very sensitive to gluten. This confuses our hormones causing us to gain weight rapidly and crave unhealthy foods.
- 1/2 cup of brown rice is acceptable once a day. (try adding zest to the brown rice by using olive oil and vegetables)
2. Eliminate Artificial Sweeteners
- This includes anything with an artificial sweetener such as diet sodas or coffee with those little blue or pink packets added for taste. Take note of ingredients if you are unsure.
- Artificial sweeteners actually cause us to crave more sweets. They don’t actually satisfy our cravings.
- Studies show that artificial sweeteners will increase your waist size 70% more than natural sweeteners.
- Stevia is a wonderful, zero calorie, all natural sweetener to consider if your foods and drinks are tasting a little bland.
- If you use sweeteners regularly you may have a rough time kicking the addiction. Give it 4 days before the cravings disappear. Once you lose the cravings you will have little to no desire to re-introduce them into your diet. This is a little secret on how the thin stay thin.
3. Eliminate Coffee
- Coffee is usually fine to drink ONLY if it is straight black coffee. The problem with this is that most of us add empty calories to our coffee such as sugars, creamers and sweeteners.
- Coffee is a trigger substance. We usually drink coffee with something unhealthy such as a donut or other unhealthy morning foods. Its not just the coffee itself but the morning ritual that goes with it.
- Substitute coffee with an organic green tea for a healthy addition of energy to your day and no harmful side effects.
- Coffee elevates our cortisol levels, gives us “fake” energy that dies off quickly leaving us wanting more which in turn causes overall weight gain by tricking our hormones.
- Coffee will take roughly 2 days to kick the addiction, drink plenty of water and try substituting your coffee with an organic green tea substitute.
4. Give Up Dairy
- Dairy is an inflammatory food group causing inflammation resulting in weight gain or a struggle to lose weight according to Dr. Oz.
- Although in the dairy family Greek yogurt is completely acceptable in Dr. Oz’s 2 week rapid weight loss plan. Greek yogurt is low in fat and contains a high amount of healthy protein
- Greek Yogurt is the only dairy allowed in this amazing weight loss plan.
5. Introduce Probiotics And Nutrients
- Probiotics – As we cut out some of these foods our bodies are so used to consuming we need a probiotic supplement to counteract some of the beneficial bacterias we need to break down the toxins in our digestive tract. This will in turn burn help us shed those unwanted pounds.
- Multivitamin – a beneficial multivitamin will speed up the weight loss process as well as give our bodies the nutrients that we need to function more alert and energetic. Not to mention a quality multivitamin will keep our immune systems healthier and promote bone strength, hearth health, skin health and overall well-being. A body rich in nutrients and vitamins will let the fat go easily helping you notice results sooner.
(take a probiotic every morning and 1/2 of a multivitamin in the morning and 1/2 at night for the best results)
Dr. Oz mentioned that it may be tough to give up these foods completely. Remember that this is a 2 week weight loss program designed to educate you to make healthier decisions when it comes to eating. This weight loss plan will help you lose weight but most importantly you want to take the lessons you’ve learned and carry them for the rest of your life. We want you to break those old eating habits and this plan is designed to do exactly that. Now that we have covered what to eliminate in your daily diet lets take a look at what you can eat to help you lose pounds and inches rapidly!
What To Eat During Dr. Oz’s 2 Week Rapid Weight Loss Plan
- - Hot water with 1/2 lemon to start your day. Lemon is believed to aid in weight loss and ancient cultures believe the lemon is a powerful aid in cleansing the liver resulting in weight loss. This is designed to boost your metabolism for the day ahead.
- - Breakfast Smoothie.
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup of frozen berries of your choice
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tbsp of rice protein
- 2 tbsp of flaxseed powder
This powerful concoction of healthy foods is designed to keep your metabolism operating at full potential throughout your day. These ingredients all have a specific function in cleansing the body and burning existing body fat.
- - Greek Yogurt is the only dairy allowed in the 2 week rapid weight loss plan. Try using it as a vegetable dip as well instead of plain yogurt.
- - 6 ounces of protein. Your protein can include chicken, fish or turkey. This amount of protein is plenty to keep our bodies satiated during Dr. Oz’s weight loss formula.
- - 1/2 cup of brown rice. The brown rice has the grains our bodies require minus the unhealthy fat. Rice also keeps our bodies satisfied without constantly craving more.
- - Organic Green Tea. Organic Green Tea is full of powerful antioxidants and provides us with natural healthy energy to get through our days without feeling the need to eat constantly.
- - Oils and avocados. Healthy oils like olive oil as well as avocados give us those healthy fats our bodies need resulting in the immediate loss of bad unhealthy fats deposited in our bodies.
- - Snacks. You can snack! Yes you read correct however you are limited to what you can snack on. Snacks such as nuts, hummus, pickles and low glycemic index vegetables are perfectly fine to eat all day long if you desire.
Low-Glycemic Index Veggies Are The Hero In The 2 Week Rapid Weight Loss Plan According To Dr. Oz
In Dr. Oz’s 2 week rapid weight loss plan he states that you can consume an UNLIMITED amount of low-glycemic index vegetables!
Low-Clycemic Index Vegetables Include:
- Brussels Sprouts
- Snap Peas
Our bodies store glycogen from the sugars we intake. These low-glycemic index veggies kick start our bodies into burning off the excess glycogen. As our glycogen levels decrease the weight starts to fall off when these vegetables are introduced into our diets.
These are just some of the delicious low-glycemic index veggies that you can eat as much as you want to. You can also introduce a low sodium vegetable broth and add these veggies to make a delicious soup!
What Do I Do After Dr. Oz’s 2 Week Rapid Weight Loss Plan?
These instructions and ingredients to a new you are the “bare bones” of Dr. Oz’s 2 week rapid weight loss plan. These are the building blocks for a healthier lifestyle and are designed to help you make educated healthy eating decisions for life. Dr. Oz states that ‘this is not a diet, it’s a plan for your life.” Dr. Oz has mentioned the necessities for this weight loss plan to give you the best results but he hopes that you take the bare bones and run with it. Consider mixing up recipes and introducing other vegetables. Use Greek yogurt as a dip for your veggies. Try out different soups using the listed ingredients above. The average weight loss during the 2 weeks was a whopping 9 pounds! Some participants lost 22 pounds and up to 6 inches on their waist! These are incredible results for a simple 2 week weight loss plan. The first few days may be a little difficult because your body needs to adjust without certain toxins however, once your body is used to the changes, this is a plan you can build on for the rest of your happy and healthy life. Dr. Oz also recommends that during the 2 week weight loss plan you try a detox bath each night before bed including 2 cups of epsom salt and 1 cup of baking soda. Sit and have a soak while you meet and maintain your weight loss goals.