Exercise Tips To Start Your Summer
Summer is right around the corner, and women aren’t the only ones ready to get in shape for their swimsuits. Both men and women can be concerned about how they look and feel from day to day. The best way to feel great about yourself is to exercise. These exercise tips will help you maximize your work outs. It’s recommended that you exercise 5 days per week for at least 30 minutes each time. If you can manage to work out longer, that’s great. Keep in mind that there will be some weeks where you can’t work out that often. It’s important to stay positive and stay focused. We live in a busy, busy world so taking even 30 quick minutes for your health is beneficial.
Exercise Tips to Optimize Weight Loss
- Keep those muscles limber! Stretching is just as important when you are 20 as it is when you are 90. Make sure you are stretching your muscles before and after all workouts. It’s best to hold the stretch for at least 30 seconds, but if you can hold them for a full minute, your muscles will thank you even more. Stretching will also help you avoid physical injuries.
- Focus on a strong core. It seems like lately all we hear about is how important a strong core is! So what exactly is your core and what does it do? Your core includes your abdominal muscles along with your lower back, your pelvic floor, and your hips. When your core is weak, you may experience trouble breathing, won’t be able to move as quickly, and may not be able to lift heavy objects. If you do you risk possible long term injury. Some workouts that will help strengthen your core are planks, push-ups, squats, and lunges.
- Buy shoes that fit! Go to your local exercise or running store and be fitted for shoes. Having ill-fitting shoes can cause leg and back pain. Make sure to tell the employee helping you find shoes what your workout plans will be. Shoes will vary depending on your activity whether it’s running, walking, cycling, aerobics, or weight lifting.
- Find a friend to exercise with you. Not only can you use each other to help spot when lifting weights, but also a friend will keep you motivated to keep working out.
- Set specific goals and stick to them! By setting goals, you set a clear path for exactly what you want to get out of your workout. If you just want to hit the gym 4 times per week, that’s great! Re-evaluate your goals every month to see if you’ve reached them or if you can improve. Above all other exercise tips, do your best to stay motivated.
What exercise tips keep you striving for a healthier more active lifestyle.